A Social Club
Hong Kong Round Table is a charitable club that raises money for local and regional charities through a variety of fun events. The most visible of these events is the annual 24-hour Pedal Kart Charity Grand Prix.
Today, Round Table in Hong Kong comprises three tables of like-minded young men who meet once or twice a month to advance the club's objectives, namely:
- Raising money for charities, promoting international relations (up to 20% of RTHK's funds are available on application to worthy overseas charities).
- Helping out in the community through a range of initiatives typically aligned with the charities we support.
- Having a good time whilst doing all of the above!
2015/16 Hong Kong Round Table Officers:
- Bob Dekkers (President)
- Cliffton Syngkon (Secretary)
- Gordon Marsden (Honorary Treasurer)
- Philip Quinn (International Relations Officer)
- Christen Halter (Social Affairs Office)
- James Swatton (Pedal Kart Grand Prix Chairman)
A Hong Kong Charity
The Association of Round Tables in Hong Kong Charitable Foundation (香港圓桌會慈善基金) was formed on 27/3/1979, and obtained tax exemption status under section 88 of the inland revenue ordinance from the Inland Revenue Department of Hong Kong (IR File No: 91/1604) on 28/6/1979.
Round Table in Hong Kong was at its peak in the early eighties, where there were ten tables, each with 20-30 members. Membership of round table is limited to men below the age of 45, however we have a sister club: Ladies' Circle.
2015/16 ARTHKCF Board of Directors:
- Pablo Cot Gonzalez (Honorary Chairman)
- Gordon Marsden (Honorary Secretary)
- Titus Chiu (Honorary Treasurer)
- Chris Chung (Honorary Director)